Landscape maintenance with water conservation in mind isn't always as easy as it might seem, the good news is their are simple techniques to curb your water use without killing your trees and plants! With smart landscaping practices and proper landscape maintenance you can beat the drought, reduce your watering bills and have a happy healthy landscape too. Read on for our Top 10 Tips
10 Ways to Save Water With Your Landscape Maintenance
1. Water deeply but less often to create healthier and stronger landscaping.
2. Don't waste water, learn and understand how much water your landscape needs.
3. Check and Monitor your irrigation system frequently and adjust the watering so that it irrigates plants and not the pavement
4. Water Deeply but less often to create healthier and stronger landscaping.
5. Plant drought resistant plants and trees that can survive drought conditions with minimal water
6. Install Mulch around trees and plants to retain water and conserve, also helps to reduce weeds
7. Update older less efficient landscaping with drought tolerant plants and eliminate lawn areas that are not needed. Schedule watering to deliver the right amount of water based on soil moisture and weather conditions. More information can be found at California Irrigation Management Information System (CIMIS)
8. Request a FREE water audit from your local water supplier
9. Review your monthly water bill monitoring for unusually high costs or trends. Check water meter when irrigation is off, there should be no movement on the water meter when irrigation is off.
10. Replace less than efficient watering systems with drip irrigation for landscaping and trees.
Bay Area Landscaping in and Around San Jose
Give FloraTerra Landscape a call at 408-275.1200 or use the contact form to schedule a free no obligation assessment of your bay area landscaping. And if you want timely landscaping tips, please join to our commercial landscaping blog.
About Our Commercial Landscape Maintenance
FloraTerra provides commercial landscaping service , offering a complete range of services including landscaping for shopping centers, sustainable landscape improvements for for Shopping Centers, Strip Mall Landscaping, R & D Developments, Luxury Apartment Landscaping, Residential Estate Landscaping, Home Owners Association Landscaping, Condominium Developments and Commercial Office Landscaping.
San Jose | Santa Clara | San Francisco Bay Area | Fremont | Sunnyvale | Milpitas | South Bay